Friday, July 31, 2009

What is a Mummy's Favorite Berry?


Casketoons! This week, my mother invited us to pick a Sasketoon bush that has been growing near their house since they built it 24 years ago. It is huge now, and it was heavily laden with berries. So the kids and I took buckets and headed to Granny Flash's house. Uncle #1 was there to help us. In the end, we picked almost two gallons. Laughing Water made up the above joke. I'm drying some of the berries and lastnight we made a smoothie with the berries and maple yoghurt. Yummy!
Yesterday, Laughing Water went to spend the weekends with friends. Right after I dropped her off, we went to a city park for Mr. Bluberry Eyes to play. I was sitting in the car, talking on the phone while he played. Suddenly, I saw him fall 5-6 feet, flat on his back. I went running and by the time I got to him, he was staggering toward some strangers for help. We sat him down. It "just happened" that my doctor and his wife were in the park with their kids, too. They helped start assessing Mr. Blueberry Eyes. At first the pain wasn't great and then it got more serious. He broke out in a sweat and they pointed out that he was in shock. However, they felt that nothing was broken, so I helped him into the car and took him to my mother who had some Bach Rescue Remedy. We put two drops under his tongue and had him lay down. He is still in a little pain and I am getting him into my cranial-sacral therapist soon. He is, however, much better and I'm amazed that my doctor was right there. It must have been a God thing!
I'm up to my eyeballs in harvesting garden produce. Will write more about it later. - Nanette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just thought if you didn't know, I'd tell you about the hubble site on the internet. If you go there it will take you to many other sites that are fun for kids. Heard you were studying stars. I love to go on there and see what it has captured for the day. Laurel

Followers