Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Unfulfilled Lists



It is 8:30 p.m. and I didn't even get to the main things on my to-do-list for today. It started, I suppose, with the realization that the basil and kale needed to be picked and processed TODAY. I didn't want them going to seed. So, I washed and blanched and froze the kale and made the basil into pesto to freeze. It was lime basil and had a peculiar flavor, but was still yummy.

Then my brother and his friend agreed to help The Wood Artist change the transmision fluid in our "new" Tahoe. They bartered for a home cooked meal. So, of course, leftovers just wouldn't do. I made mazidra.

Added into the day was a swimming lesson and grocery shopping and an errand for The Wood Artist and here I sit, tired, with my to-do-list mostly intact! Oh, well. What doesn't get done before our weekend get-away will just remain undone!

This picture is a little hard to see, but it is a mommy and baby mountain goat traversing a very steep snowfield on the mountain we hiked a couple of weeks ago.

I'd love to hear how your harvests are coming along! - Nanette

No comments:

Followers