Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Blessings

O.k. Enough griping. Its time to look for what IS going right. The first one happens to be captured in this first picture. This is Laughing Water running beside the garden. Look carefully and you will see the grasshoppers flying around her. (You can see it better if you click on the picture to enlarge it.) It is a veritible plague. But they are not eating my garden! They are full of the grasshopper virus that is contained in the organic bait called Semaspore that I posted earlier this year! It is working very well! I'm so happy! I've been looking for a solution to these horrible pests for a long time!

Another blessing is that The Wood Artist taught me how to use our new camera on manual focus so that I can bypass the auto-focus that is not working. I have a lot to learn, but I feel like I at least have a starting point. I should be learning this anyway!
Our lunch today was amazing! We picked all kinds of lettuces from our garden, including romaine, butterhead, black seeded simpson, endive, and red leaf lettuce. We tossed them together with pea greens. On top of that we put thick slices of tomatoes and sauteed vegetarian mock duck. Over that we poured a salad dressing I will give you a recipe for. It was TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!

Other blessings today include a brilliant sunshine, healthy kids, time for The Wood Artist to work his magic on some raw wood that will soon be lovely candle holders. He also promised to taker the children to free-swim at the city pool tonight. That will give me some along time!Cheers! - Nanette

No comments:

Followers