Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy August 5

I'm rebelling. I simply must sit down and relax. I have a sink full of basil that is soaking and needs to be prepared for pesto-making. I have a large bowl of saskatoon berries in the fridge that needs to be made into jam or syrup, and the first picking of pole beans and Boston pickling cukes is screaming for attention. But right now, I need to sit down and breathe.

I've been running around like a crazy woman trying to do laundry, ironing, and get peas and beans frozen. I prepared a tray of dill to dry in my oven with only the heat of the pilot light. In addition, Laughing Water is preparing to go on a two-week trip with her scout club to a huge camporee, so I've been sewing on badges, hemming britches and generally making sure she has everything needed.


The above picture is of Mr. Blueberry Eyes' mud hole inside the garden gate. The picture to the left is of my pole beans climbing up the center poles in the hoop house. I don't have to grow them in the hoop house, but I chose to grow them this year where they will fix nitrogen in the soil for a subsequent tomato crop. This picture was taken a week or two ago. They are much bigger now.

TTFN- Nanette

1 comment:

Tanya Framness said...

Goodness! You are very very busy! I am tired just reading about it. :)

Followers