Sunday, August 9, 2009

Green Beans and Lightning

It has been so long since I've posted! It seems that life, and particularly the harvest has taken me by storm. Here is a picture of a part of my garden. I really must take more pictures as it has changed so much since the last batch of pictures.

This other one of Laughing Water is out of focus, but I thought it was so funny because she was helping me make hot pockets in her swimming suit!

Last week I got 5 pints of Saskatoon berry freezer jam made and dried a box of apricots. I made some pickles, but I will make another post about that.

Yesterday we spent an hour singing and storytelling for our local home for veterans. Then we headed to our favorite nature spot. We found a trail we never knew about about charged up to a mountain I've always wanted to climb. We made it only to the saddle of the mountain, because we got a late start. Also, once we got to the saddle, a lightning storm was coming. We had to run like maniacs to get off the mountian before it struck. What fun!

Now I have to go figure out my new pressure canner and can a lot of green beans! - Nanette

No comments:

Followers