Monday, February 1, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys

Mr. Blueberry Eyes was delighted to have Papa come home from work the other night. He had some wiggles that simply would not be satisfied without a good wrestle. I'm blessed to not be raising that kid as a single Mom. I doubt either of us would thrive!
We got about two inches of snow yesterday, just in time for a 2 1/2 hour trip to our annual Pinewood Derby. I'll share pictures of that later.
I am slowly wading through the seed catalogs and picking my favorites for this year's garden. I'm particularly grateful that I saved quite a lot of seed last year. It will help with the budget this year!
I just got my "Heirloom Gardener" magazine from Baker Creek Seed. I learned that this is National Dill Month! But, in all seriousness, there are many more cool things in there that I learned. I love that magazine! They had a great article on parsnips.
I'm feeling a little down about my garden because there is so much I didn't do in the fall. I didn't get all of the old plants pulled up and I didn't plant my garlic. I did find out that I can plant the garlic in the spring, but it will cause small bulbs. Its o.k., though. We can start again from here and it will all be o.k.
The Wood Artist made more progess on our hanging kitchen garden lastnight. I'm so excited about it and can't wait to share pictures!
Nanette


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ho my how I know mommy Mr.blueberry Eyes is a charecter and yes it probebly is a very good thing you saved so much seed, love you.

Brooke said...

Wo I just glanced at all your posts in your hole blog and thout I would never get through the hole thing.

Anonymous said...

Wo, horsy don't buck Mr. Blueberry Eyes off.

Followers