Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Super Bowl, Everyone

I am the scrooge of football. I don't understand it. I don't get it. I don't care about it. And I think it is noisy. I think it is silly for grown men to race around like idiots chasing an oblong piece of rubber. And why do they ALL pile on top of each other when one or two well placed takles could stop the rubber? At this point I'm cringing and can hear bones snapping. (Oh, wait, that was my knitting needles clicking away.)

So when Super Bowl Sunday rolls around, all I care about is the food and watching my family and friends laugh, cheer and scream. As it happens this year, The Wood Artist is heading over to friends to watch it. I'm staying home to tuck in the cherubs and steal a few moments of peace. I'm not even slightly sad. (Though I will miss watching my friend, Nancy, scream and cheer. I'm told it is not to be missed!)

Despite all of this, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed "Blind Side". It even helped me track what is going on a bit better. If he was playing in the Super Bowl, I might have had to watch it.

This picture is of my new kitchen growing operation. Though I'm afraid putting it up inspired so much creative thought that it will soon be taken apart for the much grander "hanging garden" that I mentioned before. The Wood Artist has been working hard all day and it is taking shape nicely.

Yesterday we went for a snowshoe in Glacier National Park. We were looking for Charley Russell's famous cabin. But we didn't find it. We determined that we will have to search again in the summer by canoe. The day was nice and it did my cabin-bound mind good to see the Park again and breathe the pristine air.

So, now that I've allienated all of my football-fan readers, I bid you a good evening. Enjoy! - Nanette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am with you mommy I don't exactly like ffffooootttbaal ether uaua. Just goes to show that we are not sportsy people but you know that but I ges that is OK. Don't you?

Followers