Friday, February 12, 2010

Librarians Are The Best

Librarians are some of my favorite people. They are right up there with firefighters and policemen in my book! They are a breed all their own and they all seem to have one passion - helping you find books. At my local library, I'm afraid that someday I will reach my limit of the lengths they go to. I keep them busy finding and processing stacks and stacks of books.

There is one librarian, however, that goes above and beyond the call of duty repeatedly. She keeps her eyes open for books on subjects she knows we like and puts them on hold for us. The book in the above picture is one such book. It is a book about felting old wool sweaters and all the wonderful things you can make with them. I highly recommend "Warm Fuzzies" by Betz White. And thank you, Ms. Library Personified!

I've been flattered recently to learn that at least two local librarians read my blog. So, here's to you! May your influence inspire the children in our valley to become just like you!

In other news, Mr. Blueberry Eyes read for 30 minutes on his own today. He is very eager to earn a ticket to a local theme park. Whatever it takes! It is so fun to see him growing up. We've had some tough times with that kiddo, but can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Well, at least this tunnel. I hope we have a few good years before we hit the teenage tunnel!

My brother, Schnickelfritz, helped me highlight my hair this morning. I bartered with him for squash soup. I'm pleased with the outcome.


It was chilly the other night and we found Lucky Tiger warming her buns at the heat register! Thought you'd all appreciate a good laugh! TTFN - Nanette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes librerians are the best and espeshly that one.

Anonymous said...

I like your wall paper,it is very pretty.

Followers