Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hanging Gardens Progress

We're in the doldrums of winter. No snowstorms. No sunny days. Blah. Our spirits seem to be doing the same thing. It is hard to feel creative and energetic. Funny thing, though. When I look through my pictures of the last week, we've done quite a bit.

Above is a picture of the soil trays that The Wood Artist is making for my hanging garden. It is made of 4 in. PVC pipe.
Here he is building the frame to hang them on. He should have them up and ready to plant this weekend sometime. I'll keep you updated.

I promised I'd let you know how we liked the creamed kale made from the dehydrated kale. It was yummy! I made my sauce with dairy, but you could make it with a nut sauce if you prefer a vegan option. It was slightly chewy and I think that next time I would cook the kale next time. This time I just soaked it.
Mr. Blueberry Eyes lost another tooth today. He said, "Mom, I'm putting my tooth under my pillow." I said, "What if the tooth fairy is broke?" He replied, "It would be really nice if you'd give two dollars so that I wouldn't have to earn any more money for that toy I want." Inflation these days! - Nanette


3 comments:

Nani said...

Am anxious to see the finished hanging garden. So far it looks really interesting. Do you have plans from somewhere or did you make your own? The creamed kale looks so good too. Can't wait to grow some again this year.

Anonymous said...

The Wood Artist read about using the PVC in the book "Solviva". It was recommended for a green house and he is modifying it for our small kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Hi nice garden.
Love your daughtor,

Followers