Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dried Kale


Thursday is my cleaning day. I don't like Thursday, because it is a lot to get the house sparkling clean and do school. But, I have some great helpers and today they were in fine form. I assigned Mr. Blueberry Eyes the job of mopping the kitchen floor. His response was, "Can't I do all the floors?" That is a sound a mother loves to hear.
So the house is coming along and school is coming along. Now I just need to work in my walk and wrap up loose ends and all will be well. I LOVE Thursday nights because it is the culmination of the regular weekly duties and I can relax and plan food for the weekend.
Speaking of food, I made a soup this week and tried out my dried kale. It was so yummy! I really don't think I will ever go back to freezing kale when I can dry it. It is easier to preserve, more nutritious and just as yummy to eat. I plan to try making a creamed kale over rice dish. I'll let you know how we like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha that pic of me is very funny.

Followers