Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A World Wrapped in White

We awoke to a beautiful sight this morning - a world wrapped in white. This is what our business classroom looked like from our home's deck this morning. We received about 8 new inches of snow. This afternoon, it started blowing and is quite a mess right now. The Wood Artist is attempting to come home from town. He has to negotiate about 1/3 mi. of very drifted driveway if he makes it over the icy, wind-blown roads. He keeps calling to give me updates. The landlords will be coming close behind him as they just finished watching their daughter's basketball game at the highschool.

I love snowstorms, but I will be glad when everyone is tucked snuggly in their homes.
I've been busy altering a bunch of clothes from my wardrobe. I even dyed a couple of blouses that didn't work for me, color wise.
I'm learning at every turn to scrimp a little tighter and watch pennies a little closer. I even got brave enough to cut Mr. Blueberry Eyes's hair a couple of nights ago.
Sometimes its fun to scrimp. Most of the time I really don't like it! I like to be a little bit cushy!
Well, The Wood Artist just blew in. Glad he made it! He said he hit a drift that was four feet tall on the side. Everything went black and then, somehow, he came out the other side and was still on the road! What a laugh! TTFN- Nanette

1 comment:

Nani said...

Winter wonderland! It looks so beautiful and inviting, especially when you are warm and safe in the house!

Followers