Wednesday, January 13, 2010

To Have and To Hold

Yesterday was a whirlwind day. My Brother MP got married to his long-time sweetheart. It was a civil ceremony with a wedding to follow in the summer. I'm so excited to have a new sister. I'll have to think of a blog name for her. She is a wonderful lady and I love what she does for my brother! He leaves for Army National Guard training on Monday. I know the next few months will be tough for them, but I'm glad they have each other!

Mr. Blueberry Eyes is consumed with delight. He talks about his new auntie constantly and has even hidden her phone number in his room! Before the ceremony he speculated constantly as to whether they would kiss. When they did, he blushed! What a funny boy!

Lastnight her family and our family got together at our house to get to know each other better. We ate pizza and salad and cake.
The kids were pleased to find out that their ski instructor from


last year's homeschool ski days is married to her sister. They really liked him.

Today was crazy. I had to visit all three towns in our valley and one of them twice! Laughing Water and I needed some bloodwork done for an upcoming Dr. appointment. It was her first time and she was brave during it, but rather dramatic about the pain later! I took some huckleberry jam to our vet, who skillfully operated on Old Faithful yesterday. (Old Faithful is recovering very well and is expected to live a good while yet!)

My second trip out for the day was for Laughing Water's piano and guitar lessons and Mr. Blueberry Eyes' violin lesson. Then we drove to the third town to take measurements on a bridesmaid. I'm sewing for a May wedding and need to get a good start on it. I'm making two bridesmaid dresses and hemming the bride's dress. I may help with the veil, too.

I'm definitely ready to crash for the night! But first, I'm going to whip up some lemon poppyseed muffins for supper. My dear friend sent me a fantastic cookbook that I can't wait to try out. It is called "Vegan Brunch" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I'm not vegan, but cook that way quite a lot. TTFN - Nanette

2 comments:

Laughing Water said...

Oh perfect mommy I love it. I'm exited to have a new Auntie also.

Love, Laughing Water




P.S. Thanks for being my Mother.

Nani said...

Thank you for the update and the pictures. Am happy about your brother and his new bride and the new Auntie this brings to your family. Our best wishes to them both.

I'm glad to know things went well for Old Faithful.

Life is busy for all of you. Hope you are already getting some rest tonight.

Followers