Friday, June 5, 2009

Wind and Weeding


This is a picture of part of the mud hold I reserved in my garden for the kids. They have countless hours of fun building roads, dams, and lakes in it.
It is fun to see my garden slowly, but surely coming up. I'm always anxious about whether stuff will come up and whether it will survive. I've been doing a lot of weeding. I'm thinking that the person who told me you could plant rye in the spring was wrong. When we tilled it in, some of the rye berries hadn't yet sprouted - and now they are. So I'm pulling weeds. Next year, I want to do it in the fall. Then it should all be up by the time we till in the spring.
I put some of the organic grasshopper bait in my hoop house yesterday. We'll see how it works.
Today is an unusual day. We have two consultations in our tutoring service and have an all day student, too. So, I don't know if I'll make it out to replant basil - for the third time!
We were going to go camping this weekend, but the forecast is temps in the 50s and wind in the 40mph range. Not very appealing. We will stay at home and go out during the day. - Nanette

No comments:

Followers