Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rye Headaches and Perrenial Joys

Here are some pictures of my garden so far. As you can see I have about 40 tomato plants in Wall O' Waters. That was a back breaker to fill. I'm delighted to see a picture of a homemade contraption for filling these featured in the Backwoods Home Magazine. I will look forward to having The Wood Artist make me one! As you can see, the kale is producing nicely.
I've finally broken down and purchased a number of perennials for my flower garden. If we move, I'll just dig them up. I couldn't wait any longer!

We had a fun Father's Day weekend. The Wood Artist took us exploring for over eight hours on Friday. The trip got awfully long, but the scenery was beautiful. I have never seen such bear grass! Gorgeous! Will post pictures sometime. On Sabbath, we hiked in Glacier Park with friends. The Wanderer made us all homemade shortcake with strawberries and whipped cream. YUMMY!!! In the evening we all joined The Wanderer in his campsite and ate very yummy food - like burritos toasted in jaffle irons, another huge hit! It was so good to see Georgia Girl and her sweet family. We got some precious pictures of her little ones playing in the lake.

I did more weeding in the garden the last two days, but still have more, more, more! Unbelievable how much time I'm spending weeding that darn rye! Next time I do rye, it will be in the fall so the tiller can do all that work! Sure, it stops the other weeds, but it is no fun to weed IT!

The Wood Artist is away for four days on a side job. I will miss him terribly. I have to take all of his students, but we are thankful for the work right now! He is chinking a log home. I'm also thankful that he is a man of many talents. It sure helps in a down-turned economy!

The Mighty Hunting Hound got a good report from the vet yesterday. It seems the Prednisone is really helping reduce the swelling in her spinal region. She is considerably more stable on her feet. She is, however, feeling better and really doesn't like being crated all the time. We are to keep her still for about 10 more days. Yikes! This is going to be rough! - Nanette



No comments:

Followers