Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Willow Chairs and Vetrinary Visits



I finished my willow chair yesterday. It is by no means perfect, but I'm kind of proud of my first journey into the art. It was a bit more work than I anticipated, but not terrible. I want to make a love seat next and then another chair or two and some tables. I think it would be lovely to have a whole set on my deck. It may take me a few years, though! It makes it even more special that the willow all came from my parents land!

Today's main event is that we had to take The Mighty Hunting Hound to the vet again. Her vomiting has stopped, but she is still unstable in her hind legs and in obvious pain at times. We were able to determine it an injury - we think she fell off of our steps. The vet said that he thinks it is a buldging disc in her back and is in danger of paralyzing her. He put her on a strong anti-inflammatory and pain killer and has given strict instructions for her to be crated for 10 days. It is so hard for her and all of us as she is used to being held much of the time. We pray for her speedy recovery! - Nanette

No comments:

Followers