Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Soldiers and Recitals

I love these pictures! The first is of my brother arriving at the airport from his military medic training. Mr. Blueberry Eyes and Laughing Water missed their Uncle very much while he was away and this picture is a strong representation of that! Uncle is a hero already in their eyes!

The second is of Mr. Blueberry Eyes proudly receiving his award for his promotion in his music school. He worked so hard and did very well at his recital. He even played a song he had composed that switched from major to minor. In this picture, he is very proud of himself! I had to crop the picture because he is standing in the middle of his class, but I don't have permission to show the other children on this blog. It is really a priceless picture!

In other news, I checked my greenhouse this morning and the grasshoppers are, indeed, moving much slower as predicted by the Semaspore Bait. I even have on of the Kale varieties coming back! I'm delighted! I get frustrated when something like that happens in my garden (or my life, for that matter), but now I know that it drove me to find solutions. Another remedy my best friend told me about is spraying a solution of black strap molasses and water on the plants. I feel ready now, should a plague of them fly in! - Nanette

No comments:

Followers