Monday, June 8, 2009

Odds 'n' Ends


I'm sitting in my office while I wait for a student to finish her work. My own kids are done for the year, but we have a student who will be with us for a while yet. I'm usually pining to get away from my desk, but today I'm having fun tying up loose ends. For starters, I charted out Laughing Water's first name onto graph paper as I'm crocheting an afgan with her name it it.
Then I cleaned out my teaching cupboards. They get filled with all kinds of stuff that becomes obsolete by the end of the year. I really don't like thinking about cleaning cupboards, but once I get into it, it isn't bad.
While I was doing that, I remembered that I still have to turn in our homeschool attendance records to the county superintendent. So I finished my records for the year and filled out that form. Then I made a list of all the things I want in my kids' curriculum for next year. That will help me keep an eye open for curriculum over the summer. I will make a specific schedule later in the summer.
Tonight, Mr. Blueberry Eyes has a promotion at his music school. I'm looking forward to having it over. It has been a long haul to practice for everything the last 6 weeks or so.
The weather is cool today. My garden is really popping up. Its a great day in the North! - Nanette

2 comments:

momof4boys said...

In the North!??? You're way down South! Glad your garden is popping up. I just noticed this evening that all my garden has popped up now except for the potatoes. they always take a little longer. Glad things are going well for you!
Julie

nanettesthoughtfulspot said...

Well, yes! Compared to you, I do live in the South! Ha! I love reading your blog!

Followers