Monday, October 18, 2010

Three Cheers for Zoe

Blogspot finally let me get one picture posted.  It won't let me do more than one at a time, though, so I can't show you any series of pictures. 

A couple of weeks ago, we visited the farm of some friends.  We got to meet Zoe, a beautiful, gentle Jersey cow.  I bought a share in her and received a 1/2 gallon of cream.  We brought it home and  poured it into quart jars and began to shake them.  We shook them until a bright yellow, creamy butter formed.  If we decide to do this on an ongoing basis, we'll have to get some paddles for my Bosch.  That would make it easier.  We've had a lot of fun eating the results of our labor, though!

I'm feeling crabby tonight, so I probably better not post any more, lest I ruin your night, too!  Just a bunch of small stuff.  I spent a lot of time at the vet with The Mighty Hunting Hound again.  It seems that she has an infected salivary gland.  That set me behind for the day. That meant that a reading lesson with Mr. Blueberry Eyes happened late - when he was less than cooperative.  I was steaming mad when I discovered that Laughing Water left me stranded in my classroom without my shoes and I had to walk to my house in my stocking feet.  I came stomping into the house and decided to iron, only to find that Mr. Blueberry Eyes had lain on my ironing board and bent it so it wouldn't rise to my height.  Then I had to leave dinner out while waiting for The Wood Artist.  Now it is  almost eight p.m. and I have to get up and clean the kitchen.  Oooo!  I better stop!  Sorry!TTFN - Nanette

1 comment:

momof4boys said...

smile!! Take heart Nan,
These are the joys of being a wife and mother. It happens on a pretty regular basis around here. I love reading about it though because it reminds me that I am not the only one who goes through these kinds of trials. Love you girl! Can't wait till you come to my new house. We'll be moving in in two days.
julie

Followers