Friday, October 1, 2010

Bears and Bling

I was going to go to bed early tonight. I'm so very tired. But, The Wood Artist was just informed that my parents have three grizzly bears in their yard. He was off like a streak with the camera. It is 9:30 p.m., so I doubt he will get any really good shots, but you never know. I would have enjoyed going with him, but the children are in bed. Its hard to go to sleep without him, so I thought I would share some recent snippets of our life on here.
Mr. Blueberry Eyes has been practicing his violin faithfully. And I have been faithfully trying to ensure that he has the correct posture - for obvious reasons.
No, these are not rats. They are a recent experiment with baked, stuffed aneheim peppers. They were yummy! I stuffed them with a vegetarian burger, cream cheese and spices. Then I coated them with a garbanzo sauce and bread crumbs and baked them.

This week we picked the sweet corn from our garden. There was an abundance for fresh eating, plus, we froze 25 quarts. I have found that Sugar Buns corn from Territorial Seed works very well for our part of the country.


Girls will be girls. Laughing Water had a great deal of fun glittering herself up this week.
Our weather has been spectacular. I so love Indian Summer and this year it is making a blockbuster appearance. We've had warm, glorious days and even warm nights. My garden hasn't frosted yet, which is amazing since many of the gardens around have. I heard the rumors confirmed by the weatherman lastnight that La Nina is strong this year and is expected to cause much snow in our part of the country. Now that I feel like I've had a little summer, I say, bring it on! - TTFN - Nanette



No comments:

Followers