Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Drama Unfolds

I've been obsessed with the Chilean miners.  I canceled history today and we were glued to the computer for most of the rescues.  What amazing courage and fortitude!  I found myself incredibly drawn to physical expression that the rescued, rescuers, politicians alike.  The Chilean president seemed so genuine and caring.  He was there with hugs, handshakes, pets and pats for everyone in a way that didn't come across as condescending or fake.  I was impressed.

I felt drawn into the human drama of each story - except for the man who invited his mistress and his wife to the occassion.  Apparently they had each discovered the other through this drama.  Not cool.  I could have gone without being enlightened!

I appreciated that most of them were obviously aware that there is a God who was present with them.  Of course that raises the difficult question of hundreds of miners in other countries who have gone to there death in mines.  I don't pretend to know the answers.  I only know that I was thankful for a feel-good drama to lose myself in for a while!

Now that I have the pictures working, I'll post more soon!  - Nanette

1 comment:

nani said...

I had the same impression about the President of Chili as you did. I watched the news of the miner's rescue a good bit of the day also, as well as too late last night. Thanks to your note and Sandi's on fb,it was on the computer also that we watched. Had not thought to look there but that worked well.

It is great that now students and we can see history in the making that wasn't possible in my day or even in your day as a student. It is amazing how we can view such details of life from so far away, live, and that it can be seen by so many all over the world

Followers