Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Harvest Frenzy

These pictures are a couple of weeks old. We were making spicy pickles. Unfortunately, I forgot the garlic. Peeling garlic is not high on my list of favorite things to do. So, the day before, I had peeled a large bowl full of garlic so that I wouldn't have to do it on pickle making day. Alas, it remained in the fridge!
I wish the pickles would stay this lovely color! It certainly is inviting! I am having trouble with my pickles sealing properly. Several of my jars didn't seal, so, rather than processing them again and making them mushy, they are taking up room in my refridgerator until they cure.

Mr. Blueberry Eyes was a big help that day. I've been pretty excited to see his maturity level rising lately. He actually fell asleep with his reader next to him tonight. He was really excited about his new book. - Nanette


1 comment:

laughing said...

Oooooooo, Picles yum. Love you mom.
Laughing Water

Followers