Friday, April 3, 2009

And the Green Grass Grows All Around

I'm interested in growning wheat and barley for juicing. I've heard so many good things about drinking "green" juice. It is supposed to help all kinds of health issues. A few days ago, I went to a little class on how to plant and grow the grass for the purpose of juicing. Here are the pictures of my first journey into it. It really isn't hard at all. I'm so impressed with the root systems! Too bad I don't have a special grass juicer yet. I don't know what I'll do with this batch. Maybe I'll just hide Easter eggs in it! :)
Really, it is so fresh and cheerful that I think it makes a lovely center piece for a table when one is longing for spring, but it just keeps snowing!

In other news, Mr. Blueberry Eyes had his first baseball practice lastnight. He enjoyed it so much! We had just givin him his new mitt at lunch yesterday, so it was a bit stiff. But he really liked his coach and had fun playing and learning.

We live in an exasperatingly small home and I am constantly trying to redo things to work smoothly. My pet project for this month is my closet. I was delighted to find some bark-stripped baskets in town for 70% off today! I can't wait to re-work it.
It snowed heavily this morning for several hours, but now the sun is gleaming through! I hope we have a spring-like weekend! - Nanette

No comments:

Followers