Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Day

Our landlady's chickens and ducks are out today. I love to see them pecking and strutting. It is supposed to be in the 70s today, but right now it is cloudy. I've definitely got spring fever - a little grouchy and a lot restless! I'd rather be anywhere right now than correcting math and reading comprehension, but since my business is tutoring and I've chosen to homeschool my children, I have to be consistent - even if the chickens are running free and my hoop house is calling my name urgently. For me, April and May are the worst months of the school year. Gardenlust is intoxicating.
Lastnight I helped my Dad do his food dehydrating seminar and I shared for an hour about my garden adventures. (A special welcome to all my new garden friends! I'll soon post the recipes you asked for.)
My peppers and tomatoes are growing strong. I don't know why my basil isn't doing well. I think I used some bad potting soil. But, I've heard from two different sources that basil is easily started outside and catches up to the starts, so I will try that this year.
I intended to plant kale and peas a couple of weeks ago,
but life has taken me by storm and it hasn't gotton done. Hopefully today!
I hope your day is lovely. Tell me what your day is going like! - Nanette

No comments:

Followers