Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pling, Plang, Plung


It has been a busy week 'round these Northern Parts. The beginning of the week was so warm, I was sorely tempted to plant the whole of the garden. Funny thing, when it is warm and beautiful, it seems impossible that a change could come. But change it has! Today we had snow blowing sideways and it was ccccccold out there! But I did take some advantage of the warmth and planted my pea cover crop in part of the garden where I'd run out of rye. I even got the sprinklers going as it had been so dry that the rye hadn't sprouted. Now I'm worried that it will be time to plant before the rye sprouts! I'm sure it will all turn out. My heirloom pepper starts are taking off like crazy! One of my stands for my starts is in my garage and one is in the kitchen. The latter has wheels so I can take it outside on nice days for the sunshine and the breezes that strengthen the stems.
In other news, we got our piano tuned today. Ahhhh! What joy to the ears! Mr. Piano Man was a jolly soul who even laughed like Santa. He showed the kids all about piano tuning and was so informative that I recorded it as a field trip in Laughing Water's home school records.
This evening I had a Mommy's night out. I took myself out to dinner and read a new book about living largely. Then I went to a bookstore and read for awhile. It is amazing how one can unwind when you are uninterrupted! I'm all inspired to live more joyfully and abundantly.
I got home and The Wood Artist was all excited about saving some money. He was going to groom The Mighty Hunting Hound. She was patient, but when he let her go, she headed straight for me and buried her head in embarrassment. I comforted her and told her it will grow! He said he just had to try it so he can feel good about going to the groomer next time! Funny guy! Poor pooch!

2 comments:

Nani said...

Love the stories you share. Figured there would not be a new one tonight but had to check before going off line. Good news, there was. Love it. I am so glad you share. Our neighbor and their little girl are going with us tomorrow. Your evening sounded fun. Love, Love, Love to all.

NLK said...

Darling, loved the post, glad you're liking the book.. I was feeling a bit sheepish about certain parts. I am truly a bit of a puritan at my core. However, I think there are some awesome lessons to glean. I'm looking forward to the 3 of us getting together to discuss it. I am currently reading an incredible book called Searching for God Knows What... You would really get a blessing I think. Let me finish it before I totally endorse it but so far so good. You are an gardening WIZARD.. I think the blueberries bit it... :(

Followers