Thursday, April 16, 2009

As American As Baseball

Mr. Blueberry Eyes started baseball this month. So, it followed quite naturally that he would get a mitt for his birthday. As you can see by the look on his face, it was a home run! While he is well-coordintated and quick, he knew nothing of baseball. Fortunately, he is not the only one on his team in that place, so he is learning the basics. He plays his first game next week.
In other news, this has been a week of mixed blessings and tired eyes. Saturday, I got a call that my brother had been injured at his home about 2 1/2 hours from here. I drove with my parents to

get him and drove back to the E.R. in my town. (It was the closest E.R. that we knew could treat him without air-lifting him out.) We arrived around 11:30 p.m. Fortunately, one of our friends was the doctor there and gave him first class treatment. It turned out to be a dislocated elbow. Very painful, much swelling, massive bruising. The up side is that he is staying with us while he heals. So our busy life has included helping him dress, eat, take his meds, and getting him to therapy. It has been fun for me to mother him a bit. The children are having a wonderful time playing table games with Uncle!

We finished our third birthday party in three weeks. Now Mommy needs to be sent away for recovery! :) Truly, I can't believe my "babies" are 7 and 10 years old!
We've had another cold spell, but today, the sun is breaking out and it is starting to warm. I'm told we can expect 70s by the beginning of next week. TTFN - Nanette

1 comment:

Karen in WW said...

Hi Nan,

Fun to see your pictures! We have three birthdays in four weeks in our family and I thought that was crowded. You have it even more bunched. Funny thing, the thought never entered my mind of what we were doing to ourselves at the point when we actually could have done something about it. Ha!

Followers