Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Blizzard


We're having a rip-snortin' blizzard right now. The wind is blowing so hard that I don't like to have the children walking between our reading therapy classroom and the house. A tree could come down. Why do I love blizzards? I don't know. I just do.
The kids finished ice-skating lessons yesterday. School is going well. The house is nearly clean. There isn't much to write about.
I keep thinking that it is time to get some plants started in my garage under the grow lights, at least some of the slower starting herbs and eggplant. In a couple of weeks the tomatoes, tomatillos, flowers, cabbages. But I'm having a hard time kicking it in gear.
Tonight we will have pizzas made with tortillas, almonds, fresh tomatoes, capers, leeks, cheese. Yummy!
Our new consultation for tonight canceled due to the weather. The canyon near us has been shut down. I just have one student and then I can do something fun or productive. I think it is time to make myself an organized sewing area, despite my teeny, tiny house. I need my own creative nook. I think I should stop rambling! - Nanette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Nan-- I love to keep track of you on your blog. I should start one. I was wondering if you did anything with hydropodics? I am thinking of starting it at home. I too am starting a craft room. I need to clean out and paint first. I enjoyed x-mas vacation visiting with you. I was wondering if I could get Brooke's blog for Emma? Thanks Laurel

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed Christmas, too! Brooke's blog is: www.tiarrachronicles.blogspot.com
I would love to read your blog if you started one!

Followers