Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dull Moments

First of all, my apologies for such a long pause in writing. I know some of you check my blog regularly and I didn't mean to let you down. My silence has not been indicative of nothing happening! Indeed, I have a lot to write about!
The Wood Artist and I decided yesterday that we are going to start penciling into our daily schedule "dull moments"! What a hoot! Can you imagine coming to, say, 2:45 p.m., and saying, "O.k. everyone, its time for a dull moment!" I really wish we could!
I've been planting my garden starts like a mad woman. I have around 100 pots of lavender, about 1000 basil plants, 36 cabbage pots, six trays of hot and sweet peppers, and 30 beefstake tomatoes. I have 4 more varieties of tomatoes to plant, 3 more varieties of peppers, and quite a few flowers! Will I have extras? Probably. I might try my hand at selling some of the plants.
Another "dull moment" in our house was the kids getting sick. Laughing Water had a fever of 103 degrees for 3 days. Mr. Blueberry Eyes didn't get so sick and even felt like playing his violin a little (see photo).
Our gardening meeting at the library went very well. I heard that there were over 50 people there! I had a wonderful time meeting great new gardening friends! Can't wait to chat with them more.
Some of you have requested recipes for my Pesto and also my Kale Sausage Soup, so I am going to post them here. I hope you enjoy!
In closing, I just want to say that my heart is with the families of the victims of the plane crash in Butte, Montana. One of the mothers was a piano student of mine a long time ago and her father was my Anatomy and Physiology teacher in college. My prayers and thoughts are with all of the grieving families!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the blogs. Yes, had already checked twice before today. Guess I am obsessive but it doesn't take long to check so is something I do when online. Cut and pasted the recipes. Would love to buy some plants if can be there at the right timewhich may not work! Thank you with love, Nani

Followers