Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Geese are Flying North

The sun is shining brightly now. This morning was below zero - colder than I typically think of for March! I finally got four trays of basil planted. I planted my old stand-by - mammoth basil and added a few more varieties - purple, lime, and sweet Genovese. I have more that I would like to plant, but haven't wanted to go out in the cold and shovel my way into my greenhouse for more trays! I'll have to remember next fall to bring them in so they aren't stranded in the snow!
I was delighted to see geese flying North today! Spring must be coming!
I've been asked to share a little about my corn seed saving & grinding at a community meeting at the library tonight, so I'm off to that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nanette, It was so wonderful to meet you last night and I learned so much from your presentation. I look forward to reading more here!

I've seen the geese flying north too and more than a few robins!

Anonymous said...

Nanette, I, too, saw and HEARD the
geese todoay!!! Yahoo! Spring is
on its way.

Thank you for the energizing lesson
going from the organic heirloom
corn seed, to grinding the dried
kernels, to the yummy cornbread.
Such a blessing.

Granny Flash

Followers