Friday, February 6, 2009

The Recital

Last Tuesday, Laughing Water had a guitar recital and Mr. Blueberry Eyes had a violin recital. I'm so pleased with their work this year. Laughing Water has always performed well, but Mr. Blueberry eyes is my wild card. He will perform well IF he decides to perform. I had a great deal of anxiety that he would bolt from the room. Knowing what havoc this could create for the teacher if one bolted, I was beside myself. I finally came up with a plan. Bribery and corruption have their place! Since Mr. Blueberry Eyes shares my weakness for Chai tea, I told him that if he played

like a gentleman, he could have a Chai when he got home. Of course, to be fair, I offered the same to Laughing Water. I made it clear that I didn't care if they made mistakes, but they must respect their audience. I couldn't believe it! They did very well. Mr. Blueberry Eyes played with better tone than at home! Whew!
So tonight I'm sitting here in my living room listening to the muffled sounds The Wood Artist and Mr. Blueberry Eyes having their nightly snuggle/chat. Old Faithful is laying on the floor beside me, feet twitching with dreams. The Mighty Hunting Hound just had a run-in with Hong Kong Feline or Chubs Kitty - I'm not sure which. Laughing Water is reading a book in bed. I'm so tired that I feel like I could drift off at any time!
Lastnight, I had a rare treat. My mother took me out to a local gourmet pizza place. They had huge tables in private, comfy booths. While we dined on huge Greek salads and a thin crust Athenian pizza, we laid out our favorite seed catalogs and began to plan, scheme and dream for our summer gardens. What fun! We even had a fun chat with the lovely waitress who brought us our food and Thomas Kemper root beers. She was delightful. Unfortunately, we lost track of time and when we finally realized it was time to leave the establishment, not a diner was left and only a small clean-up crew was in the back. How embarrassing! Graciously, no had said a word! We had SO much fun planning exotic experiments!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your posts. They make my day and I always check.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a lovely evening!
We are so blessed to have access to
organic heirloom seeds. LIFE IS IN THE SEED. May you be richly
blessed as you tenderly care for
the life-giving seeds this year.
YES!!!!!!!!!! Granny Flash

Followers