Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Its Raining, Its Snowing

We've made it to that time of year when the weather gets a little less predictable. Right now it is snowing. We are going out on a date tonight, so I hope it doesn't get too bad.
I'm waiting for The Wood Artist to get back with the children from music and ice skating lessons, then we will go. I'm thankful for grandparents living close by who can babysit!
I was amused by this photo-op of Laughing Water practicing her guitar. She looks barely awake enough to focus! What a sweet pumpkin!
I'm enjoying this week - no expectations - other than my own, which can get carried away at times. I'm trying to lay low, though.
Mr. Blueberry Eyes started reading lessons a few weeks ago and is doing so well at it. He is more eager than just about any of the students I've had. So fun! His Papa is reading a chapter book to him at night about Kit Carson and he is just eating it up. The Wood Artist was telling me something that Kit did with horses and Mr. Blueberry Eyes corrected him - vigorously stating that it was mules!
Laughing Water is quite nearly done with her goal of earning all of her Adventurer Honors. She is just working on gymnastics. It has been a little hard for her, but she is really digging in and conquering it. Our living room has been turned into her arena as she gets out the mats and tries her dives & rolls and cartwheels and headstands. It is fun to see her blossom in that. I've felt that our homeschool's weakness is P.E. and I really wonder if I should have had her in gymnastics or ballet or something before now. I struggle, though, because music is important to our family and if I add too many classes in this and that, it will be too much for all of us. How does one know where to draw the line - music abilities or physical abilities. That is hard to pick. -Nanette

No comments:

Followers