Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Perfect Weekend

So, this is how you "lay out" in the North Country! It was a balmy 10 degrees the day we took these pictures - one that made you want to put on that string...snowsuit and bask in the Vitamin D streaming into your eyes!

I went skiing today, too. Only this time, it was by myself, from my front door. It is a beautiful, sunny day and there were a few inches of fresh snow covering the hard snowpack and it was the perfect ski conditions.

I stayed home from church today. Sometimes, the Sabbath should be spent truly resting! Besides, Laughing Water is feeling a little poorly and needed to not spread the "love" around! So, after my ski, we spent the morning snuggling with the Mighty Hunting Hound in our jammies in bed. We passed the time by drooling over seed catalogs and planning a profusion of color for our summer gardens. I spent a long while on the tellie with Granny Flash discussing seeds. It was truly fun.

The Wood Artist presented me (while I was still asleep) with a homemade Valentine's present - a nearly full-length mirror, framed in a wooden piece of an old piano we used to have. He had written sweet nothings on it with my lipstick. It is very beautiful!

I was planning a Valentine lunch, but The Wood Artist and Mr. Blueberry Eyes got invited out to lunch at church, so we'll have that for supper. We may even get to celebrate grandpa's birthday with him if we can get him to answer his cellphone!

Now we are eating salad and Laughing Water keeps stealing snitches of mine. I think it is time to send her for a therapeutic hot bath! - Nanette

No comments:

Followers