Monday, January 26, 2009

Mama, Can I Be Your Caterpillar?

We're having recess indoors today. It is below zero and it is too cold to enjoy playing. It is, however, a clear, sunny day - a gorgeous day that makes you glad to be alive. So, Laughing Water and her friend are designing dresses. Mr. Blueberry Eyes will often lapse into a delightful imagination when he will say, "Mom, can I be your puppy?" Then he expects me to train and scold and pet and praise him. He'll say, "Pretend you are training me not to bark!" This, of course means that he feels free to bark and I am to instruct him not to. Today, however, he wanted to be my caterpiller so he could hang upsidedown to sleep!

So here is a picture of my newly tidied pantry with my grain grinder that I use to make w.w. flour for bread and waffles. I was so glad to get it cleaned out!

Now I have a question for my readers. I grew Russian Fingerling potatoes last summer that are so yummy and fun. I love to toss them with oil and rosemary and bake them. But, I really despise cleaning all the little things. Do you have any method of cleaning tiny potatoes or carrots that is less labor intensive that scrubbing them one by one?

I'll be writing again soon as I am excited to write about yesterday! Nanette

2 comments:

momof4boys said...

Cleaning baby carrots and small potatoes is quite easy. You just take what you need and throw them in the washing machine. You don't need soap, just water. you might want to thow in a couple of clothes or not and just let them tumble on gentle for one cycle and then drain. There is no need to spin. they should come out clean as a whistle. Try it!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Have you actually done this? I must say that I thought of that, but thought they would turn to mush! I will try this!

Followers