Monday, January 5, 2009

90 Boxes and Bags

I'm sore today. Yesterday we spent the entire day processing, inventory-ing and packing 90 boxes of clothing, toys and books for our Kenyan orphanage project. I had two friends who graciously worked hard. One of them even let us use her house so that we wouldn't freeze in the big shop. Thank you, Joy! The Wood Artist spent most of the day hauling and transferring the 30-40 pound boxes and bags. We have more work days like that coming up, but I'm hoping to recruit more help! It would be a little easier on the back to share the load! I must say, though, that is was so fun to touch and finger the garments and toys and imagine the smiles they will bring. We still have a long way to go. I want to have some washing machines, a rototiller and some tools to include in the shipment. I don't know how to make this all happen, but I also know it really isn't up to me and we will be sent what they need to receive. My father found a commercial juicer for $300 for the orphans. I know that this would be a great blessing to help the malnutrition of the children. I'm sure the money will come through for that, too. It is all quite a faith journey.

No comments:

Followers