Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day


Today has been a little out of the ordinary. We are doing school this afternoon because, for history, we watched hours of the coverage of the inauguration. I must say that I feel more hopeful than I have for a while. I'm not sure why. Other than a few environmental issues, I've always been a pretty dyed-in-the-wool Republican. However, I also come from a racially mixed family of origin and have seen first hand some of the prejudices involved. Whatever political differences I may have with Obama, I must say, this is a good day in America.
The UPS man just delivered 21 boxes of Bibles for my orphanage project. Ten boxes of books arrived this morning. Now have to get them all marked and inventoried. I'm serviously starting to have worries about running out of space for all the good things that are coming in. We have two rototillers and two lawn mowers coming in, too! - Nanette

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your comments about Inauguration Day. Even though he wasn't the man I voted for and I have felt uneasy about the country being led by the democrats, I was pleasently surprised with the peace I felt as I watched as the day went by. Will be interesting to watch as things unfold.
Happy New Year, Love, Auntie Mel

Followers