Sunday, July 1, 2012

Yukon or Bust!

 The next leg of the journey was on our own.  We entered the Alaska Highway at Mile 0 in Dawson Creek, B.C.  I was especially interested in this area, because, when my mother was young, her father seriously considered moving his family to the Peace River Country of British Columbia.  In the end, the Keene Farm came up for sale in North Dakota, so he kept them there.  But I've always wondered how life would have been different if he had moved them North.  Would I have been a Canuk?   Would I have even "been"?  What did Peace River even look like?
 Now, I know....


It was a long day....but the kids were amazing.  We listened to "The Mystery of  Chilkoot Pass" and "James Herriot's Treasury for Kids" books on tape and I never heard a word of complaint.  But I must say, the Alaska Highway IS LOOOOONG!  - Nanette

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing pics of Peace River Country.....very pretty. Do you have pics of Tumbler Ridge and Chetwynd? So glad you're having fun. You're one brave lady. Love, Granny Flash

nani said...

Oh no. It is the Alaska Highway!! Anyway great pictures. Thanks for posting.

nani said...

The dog looks very happy to be with you!

Followers