Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Crafty Kids

My kids are having a blast!  They picked up with Julie's three boys as if they'd always known each other.  There is a trampoline, a fort, some cliffs a bike-ride away.  I was a little concerned about Laughing Water, being the only girl, and quite a girly-girl at that.  But I needn't have worried.  She is just one of the gang.
They are, however, finding some time to craft and learn new things.  Laughing Water learned to make these lovely roses from felted wool sweaters.  Julie has taught her quite a few things, which is good.  I think that Laughing Water's crafting style is more like Julie's and she learns easily from her.  I tend to be a more uptight, must-have-a-pattern type of crafter, but Laughing Water and Julie tend to fly by the seat of their britches, and turn out some truly lovely things.  Julie's teaching style fits Laughing Water better.

 Mr. Blueberry Eyes has gotton into the spirit of things, too.  He really has a phobia about me posting pictures of him and I've had to promise him that I wouldn't post any of him.  I'm disappointed, because I have some super sweet pictures of him crafting.  But, I did get permission to show his handiwork.
 He is working on a modern art painting that I think will be great.  I'm not usually a modern art enthusiast, but he seems to be on a modern art kick lately, so, of course, being the proud mom, I'm suddenly a modern art lover!
 Julie's boys know how to make the coziest, nice looking mittens out of felted wool sweaters, lined with fleece.  They have financed some great  projects from the sale of them.  Before we even came here, Mr. Blueberry Eyes said he wanted to learn how to make them.  He is anxious to sell some to finance his horse. 
 At first, learning to make mittens AND run a sewing machine sent him to the edge of his tollerance, but with patient help from Mama and Auntie Julie, he soon started turning out some great stuff.



 The grin on his face showed a feeling of great accomplishment!  I'm so proud of both of my kids!
-Nanette

1 comment:

nani said...

Great job Mr. Blueberry Eyes. Would love to see you face too but good to see your hands!! Wonderful things you have made.

Followers