Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Upcycling At Its Best

I found this felted wool sweater in Julie's stash and felt drawn to the dusty blue color.  It seemed that it wanted to be something.  Now, I'm not one that can just craft without a plan and a pattern, but this one seemed to defy anything expected.
 The neck edge seemed to beg to be the opening of a purse.  Julie and worked out the concept together.
 I reinforced everything so it wouldn't stretch with use and added lining.
 Laughing Water made the roses. The pictures don't do it justice, but here is the finished project.
 I think it is in the running for our favorite projecct so far.
- Nanette

1 comment:

nani said...

You all have wonderful ideas and fantastic results. Wow! Must be hard to even want to sell them but they should be things people want to buy. I would.

Followers