Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Place to Keep My Small Garden Tools

This is my latest project. I'm tired of having my small garden tools and supplies laying around the garden or back at the house when I need them. So, last summer, I purchased a mailbox to put them in. It never did get mounted. Last week when I was hauling manure into my hoop house, I saw it sitting there. I was in a mood to be creative, so I brought it in the house are starting playing around with it.

My latest poultry craze phase influence my motiff! (We're making progress in that dept. I got permission from the landlords and have started working on cheap fencing options. The Wood Artist is completely overwhelmed with business developments, though, and I'm thinking we may have to postpone getting the chicks until next year. Time will tell.)
I still have to put an outdoor sealer on it. I can't wait to use it!


In other news, Laughing Water has been taking ITBS tests in town this week. This means that I have had to spend a lot of time in town. The kids got snowed out 1/2-way through their baseball practice again today. We had several blustery squalls go through our valley.
I got to spend time today with my new sister-in-law tasting cake options for their upcoming wedding ceremony. We're all getting excited about it!
It has been quiet on the blog lately. Is anyone out there still reading it, or have I worn you all out entirely! TTFN - Nanette



4 comments:

michael&kristine said...

We are still reading it. Great idea on the tool collector.

granny flash said...

Love that "tool" box. It is grand. I need one, too! Love your art work.
Granny Flash

Anonymous said...

I'm still here too...love to see what's new with you! Thanks for sharing.
Brenna

Nani said...

Yes, still reading and appreciate your sharing each one. Enjoy the painting on the mailbox.

Followers