Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cleopatra and Her Brother

I'm always delighted when a history lesson captures my children's imaginations. I love to see them absorbing the story so much that it becomes thought material for them outside of history class. But, really, did it have to be the story of Cleopatra?! When we read the story yesterday, Laughing Water was mesmerized! Who wouldn't be? The carpet stunt and drama and lovers and more drama has captured many a romantic.
Tonight when I emerged from my own quiet time (hiding out in a hot bath), this is what I saw. I asked Mr. Blueberry Eyes if he was Julius Caesar or Mark Antony. He said, "Oh, I'm her brother!" Laughing Water quickly reminded me that Cleopatra married two of her own brothers. Gross! Did she have to remember the lesson quite so well?! I doubt Mr. Blueberry Eyes remembers that they both died under suspicious circumstances!


Gotta love history! - Nanette

3 comments:

Nani said...

Gotta love those precious students of yours. Glad you recorded it with pictures.

granny flash said...

Your actor/actress are MUCH better looking than the originals! Ha!

Granny Flash

Anonymous said...

That's right. Ya gotta love History. Haha

Followers