Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pooh Bear Pancakes and Pink Lace

This is supposed to be Pooh Bear. I know, I know. It looks nothing like him. My kids love creative pancakes and this was one of my attempts. No matter. He was a fine remedy for the rumblies in the tumblies.

I'm sitting at my computer when I certainly shouldn't be. I'm sewing for this wedding and I have a fitting deadline coming up. I've reconstructed the pattern to create what the bride wants, and I've cut out one dress, but I haven't cut out the dress that needs to be ready for the fitting. I usually love to sew, but lately I've been making novice mistakes all over the place, and, frankly, I'm afraid to work on it for fear of making some dreadfully expensive mistake. So, here I sit.

I haven't shared anything about my private journey of the last few months on here. And I don't plan to share much because I promised to keep this blog positive. However, I'm dealing with some pretty big burnout issues. It is hard to concentrate and think like I used to. In a perfect world, this would be where I would go to a retreat to sleep and take care of myself and voila! I'd be all better. But, a perfect world it is not. So, I'm taking baby steps here and there. I say no to more things (except sewing for weddings!) I sleep in more often. And I trust that the God of Heaven is hearing and answering my prayers in His own wonderful time. And it IS improving. I'm thankful for that!

Another thing I've done is a radical, controversial weight loss and metabolism reset program. Diet and exercise wasn't working, so I decided to go for broke. I lost 22 pounds in my first, eight-week round. This time I'm doing a 1/2 round and I've lost 7 pounds so far. I have one more week to go. It has been hard, hard, hard, but so rewarding and I'm so excited that the program boasts a huge success rate for maintaining. But, at the moment, I'm hungry and grumpy.

So, watch out: Middle aged loony with rumblies in her tumbly is headed for the sewing scizzors and pink lace!!!!!!!!!! Runnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TTFN - Nanette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't find your blog negative at all. This is real life here.
For experiencing burnout, you accomplish more than most would,
with your responsibilities and
tough times. You also make $ and
food stretch farther than seems
possible. But, then, God does
help us in difficult times and good
times. There's only one way through this and that's through it.
Right?
By the way, that pancake looks so good I could almmost eat it off the screen! Ha!

ConundrumChum said...

Sounds like the winter blahs. I am proud of you to give yourself permission take it easy on yourself. Hang in there.

Followers