Monday, September 6, 2010

Precious Days

Meet Yukon Lady. I don't get to see her often, for obvious reasons. She was my roommate in college. Like Anne of Green Gables and Dianna Berry, we were "bosom friends". Still are. We consider it one of life's great cruelties that we are unable to live in the same town.

She spent last week with us. We talked, laughed, cried, and sewed and sewed. She brought three of her four beautiful boys. Mr. Blueberry Eyes was in 7th heaven! Laughing Water enjoyed it quite a lot, too! And me? I was ministered to! I let the house go, and just soaked up every minute I could. Her calm, earnest and genuine spirit was such a blessing!
Here is an apron we made for my sister-in-law's birthday. Laughing Water had fun modeling this obvious "mature" article!


Yukon Lady made all of these little bags, except the little wallet. I made that. She gave me the one with the leaves. I can't wait to use it. The small leaves on the top are made of baked clay, also custom designed.
It was a sad day when she left. I cried as she drove down my driveway. I'm scheming about how I can launch myself onto the Alcan Highway (not exactly sure how to spell that) with my kiddos to spend a month or so with her. Maybe next spring?
In other news, I took my kids to a small theme park several hours away yesterday. We had fun and got started back too late. Granny Flash insisted I stop and get a hotel. I was relieved to do so since I was truly weary.
This morning, Mr. Blueberry Eyes awoke feeling sick to his tummy. He was sick in the hotel hallway. Mortifying! We traveled home today, stopping every little while for one "emergency" after another. We arrived home to The Wood Artist pasty-pale with a fever, chills, vomiting, etc. All is calm as I write this now, but we're very tired. I think I'll delay the first day of school until Wednesday - because I can! ;) - Nanette

No comments:

Followers