Saturday, September 11, 2010

Catching Up

Its been a month, now, since our friends from Kenya came to visit us again. This is Nahoshon sharing at Mr. Blueberry Eyes' Sabbath School. Nahoshon is 12 and he is such a joy to have around. He is very polite and kind. His eyes sparkle, belying the trauma of his past.
Here, we visited my parents' store. Benson and Nahoshon were fun to take around.

We took them to the mountains and found a little snow for Nahoshon to feel. I love the look on his face!
It was fun to hear first hand the stories of how they have used the things we sent to them in the 40' container a year ago. I was particularly pleased to hear of how they have started a sewing industry with the sewing machines, patterns, cloth, and buttons we sent.
I wish them godspeed. Oh, and I really hope that someone else sends another container to them. I would love to help out, but I'm not crazy enough to do it myself again! - Nanette


No comments:

Followers