Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Whole Point of the Trip

So the whole reason we went on this trip was to attend my "little" brother's graduation from Ft. Leonardwood's Military Police School. On Tuesday, his wife and his twin joined us and we made our way to a hotel room near the entrance of Ft. Leonardwood. It was hard to be that close and not be able to see him until the next day!

That night, my kids got to see a small taste of a southern storm. It wasn't severe, but it was surely more of a storm than we get in the northern mountains!

This is a picture of Brother MP with his twin,
Brother Medic, who graduated last year. I think
I wrote something about him then.

I have some great pictures of Brother MP being reunited with his wife, but I hesitate to share their special moments on my blog! I'll just say it was a fabulous moment and it was so good to see them reunited after being apart for the better part of six months. He left for training about five days after they tied the knot at the courthouse. Their wedding ceremony is coming up.

This is a picture of him and me on graduation day.
He got an award for his expert shooting. He also lost about 40 pounds. I'm just so proud of him.

I must say, while I know it is necessary, I found myself feeling a little amused and irritated with the drill sargeants. Some of them are obviously good people, and some of them, well.....

So, imagine my delight when my mom inadvertantly backed up and smack behinds with the meanest of the mean female drill sargeants! Ha! It was great. She spun around, glaring, and ready to smoke someone. Behold, it was my little civilian mother. And there was nothing she could do about it! Delicious!

One of the connecting flights home that night was so difficult. For starters, we got delayed because of a lightning strike on the field. Then, there were two young children sitting in the seat behind us who were rather noisy. Mr. Blueberry





Eyes reacted violently to the noise. I've worked with kids in my tutoring business enough to spot some issues and I would have sworn he was having an autistic meltdown. It was a rough night. I have so much sympathy for parents of truly autistic kiddos. I also can't help but wonder what exactly is going on in my little guy's head. There may be some interesting days ahead.

The Wood Artist and I are taking a short trip to the Washington Homeschool Convention this weekend. Can't wait to get reinspired and also have some time alone with my Sweetie! Its been a long time!

I'll try not to let it be too long before another post. - Nanette

No comments:

Followers