Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Today was a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Our home was filled with family and friends. We had some of the traditional food and a lot of games and laughter. My father loves "Scatergories" and there is always lots of laughs in each person's wrangling for points.
Laughing Water and Mr. Blueberry Eyes learned the game "Sorry" and loved it. Laughing Water played "The Farming Game" with her Uncle #1. Uncle # 3 was here, too, and that was extra fun because he is usually working on holidays. Uncle # 2 called from boot camp and was able to chat for a nice amount of time. He asked about the news as he doesn't get to hear the news there. Uncle #3 played a lot with Mr. Blueberry Eyes. (Uncles are listed in order of age,not lovability. They are all great Uncles!) All in all, it was a great day. Now we are sitting around visiting with our friend, "The Wanderer" solving the world's problems. I don't have the energy or mind to finish cleaning up the kitchen, so tomorrow will have to do. I chose to visit instead and it was rewarding enough. My heart is full and I wish to acknowledge my Father's blessings:
* Improving health after a difficult summer
* The tremor in my hands is slowly diminishing with thyroid therapy
* My beautiful, healthy children and the opportunity to live and learn in a gentle learning environment with them.
*A faithful husband who loves to talk to me and is an incredible support.
*Some incredible friends that bring richness to my life in so many and varied ways.
*I am so in love with nature and am continually amazed at the variety around me. (This post's picture is of one of the thermal pools in Yellowstone National Park.)
*My Heavenly Father and a great paraphrase of the Bible that I've been reading that is making His Word come alive to me once again.
A very blessed Thanksgiving weekend to each of you! -Nanette

2 comments:

laskaguy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

It sounds like I left in good company and happy times, I'm so glad. I hope it was relaxing for you. I've missed you guys.

Followers