Friday, November 21, 2008

Africa Update


Today was a good day. I've been so busy working on my project of sending this shipment of things to Kenya. But, today took the cake. I got a call today offering a whole warehouse full of hospital supplies and equipment. Now I'm in a dilemma. There is enough to fill a 40 ft. container just with these medical supplies. I can't bear to let them sit in a warehouse, but it would be $10,000, give or take, to ship another container. I'm going to lay the matter before the Lord and a couple of churches. If the money comes in, we will send it.
I just love this picture of Benson. It was taken while he was visiting us this summer. I have an untold amount of memories at this picnic area because we visit it so often, but this is right at the top of my favorites. We were introducing him to the evils of American food, and, bless his heart, he was a quite a trooper. He was greatful for everything and said he liked it all. I can only imagine how strange it was to his palate. Ever since my first trip overseas, I've enjoyed cultural experiences, but they haven't always been easy. Anything different can be a challenge to homosapiens! But how rewarding it is to try.

No comments:

Followers