Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Mission


This summer we had an opportunity to meet in person a man from Kenya with whom we had been corresponding for some time. Benson and his wife run an orphanage and he was in the U.S. for a fundraising trip. From the moment we met him at the airport, he was a joy to have in our family. It was this encounter that led us to undertake a huge project. We are collecting clothing, tools, and other useful things and loading a 40 ft. container to ship to Benson. We in America are so blessed and if we can share a bit with these orphans, it will be a little like sharing the blessings. I am overwhelmed by the task, and I am on a steep learning curve just to figure out the logistics of how to do it. But, we will prevail. We've been so blessed with responses from our local church. I will keep the project updated from time to time on this blog.

1 comment:

Me, Myself & My Boys said...

That is wonderful!!! Good luck you guys! I will be praying!

Followers