Friday, September 23, 2022




 Back From Colorado

I fully intended to update you from Colorado, but it was a pretty rough time for me. Two days into the program I got Covid and we had to be moved into quarantine for five days. The staff at the treatment program took excellent of us, but I still missed a number of treatments.I did have a light case and recovered well.

The treatments I received were juice fasting, hyperbaric chamber, fever bath, poultices and herbs. Between those and the Tagrisso, I was able to start walking and worked up to about 1 1/2 miles a day. This helped to lift my spirits. We plan to continue a number of the treatments here. The fever bath is effective, but miserable! I'm supposed to do at least three a week.


We flew home this last Sunday and I had a CAT scan on Monday. Praise the Lord, the scan showed significant shrinkage of all of my cancer. The doctor held out of hope of possibly years of remission. Happy dance! My breathing is almost totally free and my balance has improved greatly.

A few things to pray for:

    *My dad had open heart surgery on Monday. He needed a valve repair. Please pray for a speedy recovery.

    *Jalen left for university today. My mama heart is both sad and proud.

    *A few challenges in my sleeping and some side effects of treatment.

So it has been a very emotional week, but we have so much to give thanks for. Thank you for your prayers and support.

                                                                                                                    - Nanette

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are going through all this. Happy to hear good news about the shrinkage!

Martha said...

That is great news! Praying for continuing strength.

Robin Yale said...

Your dad is also in my morning prayers! I'm glad to hear your health report from CO. And I will include all of your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Prayers and your determined spirit are working! Praise be to God! Praying for your dad and Jalen, and continual shrinkage of the cancer!
Love you! Love, Terah

Anonymous said...

So happy for your improved health! Praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Nannette, love to hear about your improvements. I am familiar with the treatments you mentioned and the fever treatment is really hard. Praying, praying, praying for you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news.

Anonymous said...

Oh Nan, I’m so glad to hear of the improvements! We watched a terry Fox movie at the school where I work today and I cried all the way through. I thought of you and I prayed God’s blessing! Love you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. So happy to hear the great news. Keeping you in my prayers. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

From your Auntie Lael

Anonymous said...

This is definitely a Hugh step in the right direction, continuing to pray for healing, strength, peace & comfort! ❤️🙏❤️🙏❤️

Anonymous said...

Great news! Keeping you in my prayers. 🤟🏻

Sylvia Mason said...

Dear Nanette,
Praise the Lord for the progress!! I’m so happy for you and that You were able to endure the fever baths at Eden Valley, and that you will continue best you can at home. What a blessing to be able to breathe and walk again!
We continue to pray for your recovery, comfort, and peace in the Lord. We also pray for David as he goes through this with you, and for your father. He looked amazing the second day after surgery, but I know it will take a while for him to feel good and come back to strength.
We will continue to daily remind Jesus of your need. Courage for the battle, dear sister! Much ❤️

Anonymous said...

So thankful for the good news, despite the agony of the treatment. The Lord is watching over you always. ♥️♥️

Brenna said...

Thank you for the update. I'm jumping for joy at the good news. Holding you and Bruce heavenward for great outcomes. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news Nan……..we are so proud of your courage and very strong spirit! Continue to stay strong ……I loveYOU! Auntie Mel

Anonymous said...

Praise God Nanette, for you Bruce. Hope Dave and Alice are holding strong. Still praying for you all

Anonymous said...

Oh Nan I’m so very happy to hear that!! I have been up to see your dad just about every day! He is doing well just tired. I worry about you hun. But things sound good. I love you and miss you lot’s xoxo

A Nye said...

Great news on the CAT scan - even after a short bout of Covid!! And 1 1/2 mile walks!! Praise God! How awesome is that?!!

Ramona said...

Nannette, “ through the Good and bad I will praise you.” So thankful Covid recovery went well. And also about your scan. So grateful that you have such a great support of prayer and thanksgiving.
I understand how you momma heart feels. My kids left for college and it leaves you with such strong emotions of fear, excitement, grief and anticipation, ect. But these are the days that you’ve worked hard for. To let them go and see them fly.
Praying for you and I know god is sending you strength and courage for each day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanette so glad you doing some better. I pray you will have the strength to keep up the program at home. The Lord is so good. We will continue to keep you in prayer. The Lord has given you a small taste of His love and power. Continue with the faith you have of what God can do and is more than willing to give you and your family. Blessings on you all. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the story as it unfolds.
Love ya
Janet F.

Followers