Thursday, September 1, 2022


                      Forging Ahead

It's been a while since my last update. I went off steroids and it threw me for a loop - headaches, nausea, vomiting. Some of the symptoms lasted for a month. Not fun. With those symptoms fading, I'm able to notice the improvement brought by the targeted medication. I have a bit more energy and much easier breathing. What a blessing!

David and I are leaving in a couple of days to attend a cancer treatment program in Colorado. I'll try to post from there to give you an idea of what it is like. I have heard very good things about their program, so I look forward to experiencing it. In at interesting twist, this is a place I lived for 4 years when I was a child. It will be fun to show David where I lived. I haven't seen it since the day after I turned twelve. There will be good memories and I'll have to process some difficult ones, too.

I just want to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for your support. I am so spoiled! You each give in such caring ways and I am deeply moved. Some of you give of your time and skills - massages, nails, housecleaning, pulling weeds. Some of you send flowers and food and $. Some of you have sent comforting blankets and pillows, bath salts and skin cream. Some of you have made lunches for David and Jalen. Many of you text me often to let me know that you think of me, sending promises or funnies to make me laugh. I. Am. So. Grateful.

In about three weeks I'll have another full body scan to see how my lungs, liver, and bones are responding to treatment. I already know my lungs are responding well because I'm breathing easier and talking more.

                                                                                                                        -Nanette

14 comments:

Janya said...

♥️🙏🕊💞

Anonymous said...

Praying daily for you! Also will be praying you through your cancer treatments, and that the experience is a positive one and God will bring healing with the difficult memories there. Much love!

Robin Yale said...

Love hearing this Nanette! Progress! Praise be to God!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are seeing improvement

Anonymous said...

Continuing tp pray for successful treatments!

Sylvia Mason said...

Thank you for the update! That month of nausea has got to have been difficult!! But I’m so delighted to hear that you can breathe better!!!
I’m so glad you get to go to Eden Valley. I didn’t realize you lived there. I did too! 51 years ago. I loved going back two years ago. It gave me a boost.
We’ll continue praying for your healing and comfort!! We do remind God about you and David every day! 💗💐

Anonymous said...

You are in our constant prayers. So glad to get this update and praying for your new cancer treatment coming up! We love you!

Barbara said...

I'm continuing to pray for you from afar and so thankful for everyone that can do all the loving things for you up close. So glad you are feeling better.

Ramona Crone said...

Wow. Colorado will bring some beautiful scenery. Not that you don’t already have a full of that. Just want you to know that prayers are extended up for you with every thought. I am glad to hear your symptoms are improving. Sending you a hug from afar and so glad you have good people loving you up close.

Anonymous said...

So good to hear Nanette. Praying 🙏🙏🙏

Anonymous said...

Praising God for the improvement you shared...BREATHING EASIER IS SOOOOO GOOD! and regularly reminding him about your needs AND HIS PROMISES!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing better

Laurel S said...

So glad to hear you are doing better! Praying for you, have been, will continue to <3 Colorado, my sister and parents live there. Hope all goes well, looking forward to further blog posts <3 Hugs

Kelsee Sibbert said...

I’m so glad to hear! I think of you often… praying for good scan results and safe travels.

Followers