Wednesday, June 22, 2022


 A New Twist

To state the obvious, I've been silent on this blog for a long time. Life has been full and rich and I've been otherwise occupied.  Laughing Water and Mr. Blueberry Eyes are all grown up. The Wood Artist and I have been full-tilt career. There will be more time to fill you in later, but the point is that  I'm back blogging, old fashioned as that may seem.

Life tilted and whirled and went into retrograde motion 7 weeks ago.. I stayed quiet on social media for a month  and then decided to talk. I have metastatic lung cancer. Apparently, the cancer knows I love to travel because it flew to my lung lymph nodes, liver, c-spine, hip, and brain, energetic little fellow that he is. He decided to stay incognito until he could declare that he was stage four. Tadaa!

My village wants to keep informed and I don't really want to bleed all over Facebook, so I've decided to keep you all updated on this blog. I'll post the links to Facebook when I do so you know there is something new. Or you can subscribe here. 

I'll tell you how its going - the good, the bad, the funny. I don 't promise to not have a potty mouth. I've already learned  that stage four cancer changes things. But I will also hold true to who I am. Open. Honest. Asking. Full of faith. Peaceful. It will be raw. I will bleed emotion. I will make you laugh. I have no interest in being fake and I have every intention being real. If you can handle that, I really want you on my journey.

- Nanette

6 comments:

Northl said...

How to subscribe

Anonymous said...

Nan, I will never pretend to know what you are going through, but as a person who has walked the road of cancer with a loved one, and as a chaplain who stands by the bedside of those who have received similar news, or being present with family when their loved one has received the worst news, I just want you to know that I am here for you, and I love so much your very authentic way of living you, and your raw words. There are no sugar-coated words that will ever suffice, so the raw ones are the best.
You are in my prayers constantly, and I pray that God wraps you in the biggest hug and holds you as you walk this journey.
I love you so much!

Sylvia Mason said...

Dear Nanette! My heart bleeds for you. I know the feeling of being diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer! It happened to me 5 years ago. I’m still here even though I was expected to live 6 months 5 years ago. I’m really struggling right now, but more with my digestive issues I’ve had for 45 years than with the cancer. I’ve learned a lot about cancer in these years that have helped me get to here. I’d love to communicate with you email or even by phone if you are interested.
I love your positive spirit.
I’m praying for you!
Sylmason777@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

We love you and want to help any way we can. You are a beautiful inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Roy and I are praying for you and your family. We cannot begin to imagine your pain and anguish however will continue praying our Heavenly Father wraps his loving arms around you all. Joy

Jennifer said...

Love and huge hugs Nanette! My heart is with you so much on this journey. Remember God can hold close under His wing through whatever path you choose!💐

Followers