Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Drying Up

 My kitchen is slowly starting to look normal again.  For months now, there have been piles of produce here and there, awaiting the freezer, the canner, or the dehydrator.  I tried several kinds of dry beans this year in hopes they would be easier on the digestion.  That part still remains to be seen.  I stacked them in these boxes until they were dry.  I think that in the future, we need large screens for more air movement.  Some of the beans molded this way.  But, I still got a delightful array of pretty beans.  I spent hours shelling them in the evening while The Wood Artist read to me.
I never get tired of looking at my Painted Mountain corn.  We got a good harvest this year and there is enough to have lots of yummy corn bread this winter.  It has been drying for weeks and will probably be ready to thresh soon.

Just my own little declaration of independence!  - Nanette

2 comments:

GMan said...

i love it, thanks

Alisa Callos said...

Wow! Very cool. How do you thresh corn?

Followers